Anthem MRX-740 AV Receiver
Canadian award-winning specialist AV manufacturer, Anthem, has announced its highly anticipated new range and next generation of receivers. The new range sets an even further elevated standard from a brand that has become synonymous with high-performance AV products.
Anthem’s MRX A/V Receivers are about maximizing performance for the money. Building on the feature set of our previous models, we’ve added the newest version of ARC Genesis, a redesigned and more accurate calibration microphone, Anthem Web User Interface, integrated streaming support, object-oriented audio codecs and the clean power delivery Anthem is known for.
The MRX 740 is a great way to bring premium audio to any home theatre or media room. Seamlessly integrate your smart TV or projector with 7 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs, plus eARC. Ultra HD signals are passed through unaltered up to 18.2 Gbps with Dolby Vision, HDR and Hybrid Log Gamma support.
Anthem ARC Room Correction
Anthem Room Correction (ARC) quickly corrects the effects that reflective surfaces such as walls, floors and ceilings have on the sound going out from your loudspeakers. It’s a proprietary digital signal processing software developed in-house at Anthem which works with a specially-engineered calibration microphone and your PC to quickly and easily tune-up audio for your own listening space, to achieve reference listening room-quality performance in the home.
Conducted by Anthem engineers in conjunction with the National Research Council of Canada, the groundbreaking research that went into this program lets you perform the required measurements and computations of the correction filters using almost any IBM PC, Macintosh, iPhone or Android device. Whatever you choose, it offers detailed steps and configuration options for getting your system tuned right.
This new generation of Anthem MRX receivers features the latest version of ARC Genesis Room correction and the redesigned and higher precision calibration microphone.
Introducing Anthem Web User Interface
Anthem Web User Interface is now built into all MRX Receivers and AVM Processors. Using a phone, tablet or laptop, owners can easily access any function or setting and make changes on the fly. Power the main or second zone on and off, adjust volume, change audio modes or tweak channel trims for a perfect surround sound experience. Web UI can also be used to calibrate speaker delays and levels and configure network settings/control options. Source devices can be renamed, simplifying set up by enabling the elimination of unused inputs. Installers can import and export files to make remote management simple and convenient.
– 11.2 preamplifier and 7 amplifier channels
– 140W continuous power output per channel (8 Ohm)
– Internal power amplifiers freely assignable
– 2 separate subwoofer outputs
– New generation digital amplifier
– An evolution of the award-winning MRX-720
– Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and IMAX Enhanced
– Professional calibration system: ARC™ Anthem Genesis room correction
– Includes a redesigned and higher precision calibration microphone
– Next-Generation DSP Platform
– IP-based user interface via PC
– Premium DAC with 32 bit / 768 kHz (AKM AK4458VN)
– HDMI 2.0b eARC
– HDMI 2.1 (8K) available later via the upgradeable HDMI board
– Platform Agnostic Streaming (via AirPlay2, Google Chromecast, Bluetooth v4.2, Spotify Connect, and more)